- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lb. green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half, blanched in boiling water and shocked
- 2 lb. redskin potatoes, diced medium, roasted*
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk the mustard and vinegar together. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.
2. To make the potatoes and green beans: Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté shallots in olive oil for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add beans and potatoes and a pinch of kosher salt. Sauté until warmed through. Add the vinaigrette and toss.
3. Serve warm salad over a bed of Romaine lettuce.
Yield: 8 side-dish servings
*To roast potatoes: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss diced potatoes in a mixing bowl with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and a dash of kosher salt. Spread potatoes in a single layer on sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Roast for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and tender, stirring once half-way through.