1 loaf of bread, cut into cubes (roasted garlic bread works nicely in this recipe)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large beet, roasted, peeled and diced
½ pound of Brussels sprouts, quartered and roasted
1 sweet potato or ½ butternut squash, peeled, diced and roasted
¼ bunch of Italian parsley, chopped
2 ounces crumbled goat cheese dressing
½ cup of lemon-flavored olive oil
3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss bread cubes in olive oil. Spread in a single layer on a sheet pan and toast in oven until lightly golden brown, about 10 min. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: whisk vinegar and Dijon mustard together in a medium stainless steel bowl. Gradually whisk in the lemon olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine toasted bread cubes with roasted beets, Brussels sprouts, squash or sweet potato, and Italian parsley.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Allow to sit for several hours before serving so bread cubes have time to absorb dressing and soften. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish with crumbled goat cheese before serving.
Yield: 8 servings