- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 apples, diced
- 5 beets, roasted, peeled and diced*
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, leaves only
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 ounces apple cider vinegar
- zest from one orange
- 2 ounces honey
- 12 ounces olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon caraway seeds
- Sauté the onion and oil over medium heat. Add the cabbage and cook until soft. Add the apples, cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Add the beets and parsley to the sauté pan. Toss and cook until heated through.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad while in the pan. Cook for 1 minute.
- Serve warm.
*Chef’s note: To roast the beets: wash and trim off tops, wrap each beet individually in aluminum foil. Bake in a 425-degree oven for 45-50 minutes until beets are tender.
Yield: 8 side portions