- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups cooked black beans (about one 15-ounce can)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- ¼ bunch of cilantro, minced
- Optional: brown rice and shredded cheddar cheese
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin, stir and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the black beans and red pepper flakes. Cook to heat through, season with salt. Remove from heat, but keep warm.
- Combine the mango, brown sugar and lime juice in a pan. Cook over medium heat until the mango softens and releases its juices, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To serve: Place ½ cup black bean mixture in the center of one tortilla, add rice and cheese, if using. Spoon 1 tablespoon mango mixture over beans and sprinkle with cilantro. Roll the tortilla around the filling to close. Repeat until all burritos are made.